Used to handle bulk materials.
Clamshell Buckets - Light Duty
Used to handle bulk materials.
Clamshell Buckets - Standard Duty
Our Medium-Duty Clamshells buckets can handle materials with a denisty of up to 3000 pounds per cubic yard (1800 kg/m3). They are based on a four cylinder design which allows for extra closing power with minimal stress to the structure, which partly explains its relatively low weight compared to other brands. The quality of the high tensile steel and the quality of the design complete the explanation. They are equipped with our heavy-duty hydraulic cylinders, rated at 5000 psi with double cushioning. Steel with more than twice the wear resistance of typical AR-500 steel is used for all cutting edges. Overlapping side cutting edges offer long term protection against spillage.
Clamshell Buckets - Heavy Duty
Our super heavy-duty clamshell buckets can handle materials with a density of up to 4500 pounds per cubic yard (2700 kg/m3). They offer all the characteristics of the New Generation Heavy-Duty category plus larger cylinders, larger pins, thicker materials and extra closing force.
Above that, not only the cutting edges but also the complete inside bottom of each shell is made of steel with more than twice the wear resistance of typical AR-500 steel.
- High-pressure hydraulic cylinders rated at 5 000 psi with double cushioning
- Bolt-on heads for cost effective maintenance
- High-pressure piston seals (10 000 psi)
- Rod leak-proof inner cylinder head seals
- Four cylinders for higher closing power and reduced structural stress
- Full 360° continuous rotation hydraulically powered
- Also available in non-powered versions
- Two models to cover machine capacities up to 100 000 lb and operation requirements for maximum life and productive time
- Rotators fully sealed with high side-loading capabilities.
- Integrated mechanical tine stopper for pins and cylinders protection
- Extra wear-resistant steel used for side and bottom cutting edges
- Optional bolt-on cutting edges available on medium duty models.
- Built of 165 000 lb tensile strength steel (65% stronger than T1 s teel)
- Three times the strength of typical cold rolled steel
- Higher wear resistance and best resistance/weight ratio
- Precision machining assures long rotation life
- Fit and part interchangeability enhanced by line boring after welding
Special steel with 44% better abrasion resistance than typical AR-500 when tested as per ASTM-G65B and an average of 50% better in comparative field test.
- Oversized pins mounted on sealed bronze bushings for extended greasing intervals even in harsh environment
- Protected pin holding system easily accessible when required
- Pins contribute to structural integrity without adding weight
- Pins are chromed and heat-treated
- Synchro link system for synchronizing shell's opening and closing motion
- Dual action integrated relief valve to protect structure and cylinders against impact and pressure overload
- Distribution manifold allows easy servicing and good hose protection